Saturday, September 17, 2005

Is the Firefox honeymoon over?

After reading the above article, I felt angry. Even though I don't use Firefox as my primary browser (Safari), I still want it to succeed even further. And I think the author despite having the facts right might be wrong. The reason why Firefox, in my eyes, is better than Internet explorer is ActiveX. Most spyware and adware is an activex plugin, and that is what annoys most people, and spoils the internet experience. If the same things start happening to Firefox via XPI then we might be in trouble. But for now, I only see a rise in Firefox's popularity. I haven't looked at XPI, but I'm hoping that the firefox designers had the foresight to make that secure from the get go.

Mozilla and hypocrisy

Right, but what about the experiences that Mozilla chooses to default for users like switching to  Yahoo and making that the default upon ...