Sunday, October 15, 2006

Iterating Python Dictionaries

mimeboundarymarker: Python iteritems function:

"The iteritems function returns an iterator over the key and value pairs in a Python dictionary

>>> wordz = {'school' : 'schule', 'weather' : 'wetter'}"



We have a dictionary called wordz above with two items. The usual way I used to iterate over these items was the following:

keys = wordz.keys()
for x in keys:
.... print x, "-->", wordz[x]

The above code would go over the list of keys, and print its corresponding entry in the dictionary. Thanks to the post linked above I learnt about an easier way of iterating over a dictionary using the iteritems keyword:

>>> for key, value in wordz.iteritems():
....... print key, "=", value


I've always been looking to improve the semantic experience of the web. So when I read Steve Rubels article on using technorati RSS feeds, I jumped at the chance to use them. I found the above post as a result of one of those RSS feeds.

The internet gets more enjoyable by the day.

Mozilla and hypocrisy

Right, but what about the experiences that Mozilla chooses to default for users like switching to  Yahoo and making that the default upon ...